TECHNET Archives

January 2015

From:
Guy Ramsey <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Wed, 21 Jan 2015 12:54:58 -0500
I am under the impression that Beamworks folded. They had an office in
Oregon. It seems to be closed. The actual company was in Israel.
But, last time I was looking it seemed closed too.
The machine is a 2000 vintage gantry style pick and place fitted with a
dispenser and a laser.  It was pretty cool but very complicated to optimized
for assembly. Much easier for rework or installation of a small set of
parts.  It had trouble with parts smaller than an 0603. It could place
0402s, but throughput was low. 0201s were out of the question.
There was a place in Lansdale PA that had three or four of them working in
medium volume applications.