TECHNET Archives

December 2014

From:
Date:
Mon, 1 Dec 2014 09:56:27 -0500
gold can be brittle, due to porosity exist in the plating layer.  as
the time goes, the barrier metal diffused into the gold via porosity
and causes volume change = oxidation.  you got fractured gold.... if
you done the proper plating, it should not happen.  with or without
compressive stress.  my 1.7 cents.
           joyce (you need dynamic sims image to see the porosity...
or gel method to detect porosity - not many people do that
nowadays... ).