TECHNET Archives

December 2014

From:
Ioan TEMPEA <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
TechNet E-Mail Forum <[log in to unmask]>, Ioan TEMPEA <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 9 Dec 2014 20:11:38 +0000
Hi Dave,

Just out of curiosity, have you seen the BGA falling or you are just afraid it might?

Because I have ran thousands of BGAs in second reflow (ceramic, metal top, name it), on bottom side, with absolutely no BGA loss. The balls would keep their collapsed aspect, even though they might be slightly stretched, but this is bound to improve compliance, hence long term reliability.

Best regards,

Ioan Tempea
MDA Corporation