TECHNET Archives

December 2014

From:
David Hillman <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
TechNet E-Mail Forum <[log in to unmask]>, David Hillman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 9 Dec 2014 07:42:20 -0600
Hi gang - looking for an adhesive suggestion. I have an assembly in which a
heavy BGA was accidently located on process side one (bottom) so that when
we reflow process side two (top) the BGA is doing its best to fall off.
Unfortunately I can't reverse my process order for a couple of reasons so I
am looking for a temporary fix until I can get the assembly revised. I was
thinking of using some type of adhesive to temporarily hold the BGA in
place during reflow - tack down the corners sort of action. Does anyone
have any adhesive (ideally temporary, water washable/removable) suggestions
I can investigate?

TIA

Dave Hillman
Rockwell Collins