TECHNET Archives

November 2014

From:
David Hillman <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
TechNet E-Mail Forum <[log in to unmask]>, David Hillman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 21 Nov 2014 07:23:31 -0600
HI Juliano! The limits in the IPC JSTD 006 specification are for virgin
solder bar purchased from a solder alloy supplier and the limits in the IPC
JSTD 001 specification are for soldering processes - one column is for
preparation solder pots (pretinning, solderability testing, etc.) and one
is for assembly solder pots (wave, selective, etc.). You should be using
the IPC-JSTD-001 solder pot contamination limits.

Dave Hillman
Rockwell Collins