TECHNET Archives

November 2014

From:
Edward Szpruch <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
TechNet E-Mail Forum <[log in to unmask]>, Edward Szpruch <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 20 Nov 2014 11:15:14 +0000
Hi IPC Specs gurus,
I have question regarding rigid multilayer , say 16 layers , to be manufactured according to Class 3 with 1-2 vias. The question is on copper thickness in 1-2 vias.
We can manufacture such PCB in two ways :
1) Final PCB, laser drilled blind microvia to layer 2 , plated as blind structure.
2) Double side core, drilled , plated as 2 layers via core , and then laminated as final PCB

Looking into tables 3-3 , 3-4 and 3-5 it seems, that in case 1 fall into definition of microvia covered by table 3-4 ( average copper thickness 12 microns) while the second case, it should follow requirements of table 3-5 ( average 15 microns) rather than of table 3-3 ( average 25 microns).

What are other opinions?

Edward Szpruch|Manager of Process Engineering | Eltek Ltd. | | +972 (3) 939 5098 |+972 (54) 807 4298 |  +972 (3) 939 9581 |   [log in to unmask] | www.eltekglobal.com