TECHNET Archives

November 2014

From:
Grossmann, Günter <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
TechNet E-Mail Forum <[log in to unmask]>, Grossmann, Günter <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 19 Nov 2014 07:09:00 +0000
Jim

As Dave already mentioned the two possible causes are coplanarity and temperature. Looking at pictures 2 and 4 I'd rather go for coplanarity but in picture 8 it seems to me as if the level of the solder is high enough to wet the pin and the pin is covered by flux (which isn't the case in pictures 2 and 4). This looks like a low temperature issue. It's well possible that you have a combination of several reasons for a failure.

Günter