TECHNET Archives

October 2014

From:
Jason Zhao <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
TechNet E-Mail Forum <[log in to unmask]>, Jason Zhao <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 19 Oct 2014 17:48:32 -0500
I don't believe there is any IPC standard regarding minimum pieces of
prepreg to form a dielectric. It is a legacy requirement by some customers
in believing that single prepreg between two copper layers is less reliable.
It may be true but difficult to enforce nowadays because 1) with increasing
# of layer, you don't always have the space to put two or more prepreg. 2)
in the low cost region, the manufacturers always choose single prepreg if
possible to save cost.

Customers have every right to specify minimum of two prepreg. But if they
did not give you such requirements before you made the boards, I don't think
the products are rejectable at this point.

Best regards,

Jason Zhao
VP of North America Operations
Sunshine Global PCB Group
US Cell 510-468-4412, China Cell 131-62722392
www.sunshinepcbgroup.com