TECHNET Archives

October 2014

From:
Francesco Di Maio <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
TechNet E-Mail Forum <[log in to unmask]>, Francesco Di Maio <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 19 Oct 2014 23:59:54 +0200
Hello Technet,

I am looking to understand if there is an IPC standard where is specified
the minimum number of prepreg foils that should be put between two PCB
layers.
I know that IPC 6012C (par. 3.6.2.15) specify that the minimum dielectric
spacing is 90um and that the supplier choice the number of prepreg layers,
but I was wondering if there are other standards that may specify this
statement.

I have a case where a Customer is expecting that a minumum of two prepreg
foils should be put between copper layers.

Does anyone know in which IPC standard I can find criteria where is stated
that a minimum of two prepreg foils should be used and why ? Which
benefits ?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Best Regards
Francesco

Francesco Di Maio
GEST labs - Via Kennedy Ingresso 2, 20871 Vimercate (MB) - Italy
E-Mail:[log in to unmask]