TECHNET Archives

October 2014

From:
Date:
Thu, 16 Oct 2014 04:38:35 -0400
30 years?  well, that is the project mgr's fault.  it should be re-
design for a form, fit and function around 20 end of life assessment
and get a replacement (using new chip).  you can always get the
original design prior to the end of life (especially, for the
critical item).  you might have to go after red tape and get someone
to dig out from ware house storage, but prior to end of life, it got
be there... someone somewhere knew where the stuff is (not easy,-
went down to that road before).. after end of life, your "need to
know" are gone (not just the doc, but people).  35K might be the only
choice.... redesign and re-qual is a 50K+ add on.  program mgr should
be the one to find balance.
             jk