TECHNET Archives

October 2014

From:
Lee Hitchens <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
TechNet E-Mail Forum <[log in to unmask]>, Lee Hitchens <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 10 Oct 2014 07:55:08 +0100
Hello John

It can be used. It does seal the dust in. But, you may find that each time
you spray on the coating, the extra solvent will soften the original
coating and you could get very stuck. Literally!

We moved away from cardboard a long time ago in our coating services. It
is a challenge to meet ESD requirements, control dust, have suitable
reusable pallets and keep the cost down. We moved to MDF board and then
tried ESD bagging sheets on the top. This was really slippy and deadly for
dropping PCBs!

So, finally we switched to waxed back paper over MDF which we change every
single time. Not very green but it stops all the problems, is right at the
edge of ESD safe due to the moisture in the paper and generates little
dust.

I hope that helps.

Best Regards

Dr Lee Hitchens