TECHNET Archives

September 2014

From:
Date:
Fri, 26 Sep 2014 21:24:19 -0400
something is not right.  the metal termination should be the only one
that is wet to the solder, not the ink or protective layer of the
resistor material.  those are non-wettable to the solder (if the
material selection were done correctly).  however, the silk screen if
not cure properly, you might change the surface characteristic of the
material.  The metal termination also showed somewhat layer
appearance - a bit strange.  I would cross section and check the
underline metallization and see if it is extremely thin or
fragmented.  that just me... curious... is it 01005 or 0201?  my 1.8
cents.
             jk