TECHNET Archives

September 2014

From:
Gary Crowell <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
TechNet E-Mail Forum <[log in to unmask]>, Gary Crowell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 18 Sep 2014 10:18:45 -0600
I think it's gotten a little crossed up in what we're talking about.

There's the chamfer:
         _
        /  \
       /    \     cross section of board edge view
       |     |

And the chamfer:
      _____
                  \
                   \     top view of board corner

I've looked, but never seen a good definition that provides a distinction
between the two.  And what's a bevel?  FWIW, I''ve always called the first
a bevel, and the second a champfer.

--
Gary A. Crowell Sr., P.E. <http://www.nspe.org/>, CID+
<http://dc.ipc.org/html/default.htm>