TECHNET Archives

August 2014

From:
Date:
Tue, 19 Aug 2014 21:00:19 +0000
Something more to think about over a breakfast of whole wheat toast and coffee, or a bagel with peanut butter or orange marmalade, or a caramel pecan cinnamon roll, or….…☺.
None of those are remotely possible without propane unless perhaps we return to the days of the home mill and oven hearth. I know because I am old enough to remember those as a child. (I am really old, I guess). I recently had the pleasure of talking to relatives back at our family homestead in Stadheim i Vik, Norway recently, and guess what? They still embrace that tradition in many homes. Many grind their own flour, corn meal, etc. They sent me some and I made the most delicious waffles with cloudberry jam and brown cheese I could ever hope to eat in my little hytte, AND I got to sit directly across the table from the prettiest girl in Oslo! And we kept warm with….propane! OMG! I’m going straight to Hell, aren’t I? You bet I am, that’s a nice town not too far away with some good bands.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bRzZnDbo9RY