TECHNET Archives

August 2014

From:
GABRIELE SALA <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
TechNet E-Mail Forum <[log in to unmask]>, GABRIELE SALA <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 28 Aug 2014 22:18:22 +0200
Hi Phil,

Is oil or coolant essential part of your EEE? I mean does your EEE needs
such oil to run? If yes it is in the scope of RoHS.
Probably oil does not contain any of the  6 substances controlled by RoHS
(Lead (Pb), Mercury (Hg), Hexavalent chromium (Cr(VI)), Cadmium (Cd),
Polybrominated Biphenyl flame retardants (PBB), and Polybrominated Diphenyl
Ether flame retardants (PBDE)
By the way, you need to check with your supplier or by reading Data Sheet
and MSDS as well. It could be contained flame retardant like: PBB or PBDE?

If oil is used as part of the process you run on such EEE, in that case oil
is considered as a consumables and out of the scope of RoHS II (2011/65/EU).

Gabriele