TECHNET Archives

August 2014

From:
Date:
Wed, 6 Aug 2014 18:04:47 -0400
By the way, solder balling material/process got a lot to do with the
final structure integrity: the best is laser on melt of solder sphere
- pricy (large volume production on the high end), 2nd best is solder
sphere attach with either paste or flux - less pricy - you may need
to clean the flux or use vapor phase reflow etc - medium volume
parts, the cheapest is solder paste screen on and reflow... look like
you might got the cheaper side with slow cooling rate --- double
guess ;-).  don't quote me on it... (you pay what you get is my guess).
           jk