TECHNET Archives

August 2014

From:
Date:
Mon, 25 Aug 2014 14:56:24 +0000
Pete,
The U.S. eats a very small percentage of the corn grown here. Corn is ground for feed for beef and other livestock all over the world, and to feed the people in every single country in the world. The vast majority is exported, as are wheat, barley, oats and soybeans and many other grains grown here in the U.S. and Canada.
The U.S. and Canada export millions of tons of flour, cornmeal and other grain meal and there is still not enough of it, not even close to filling the demand. Corn for ethanol production is a very small percentage of the overall yields, and that percentage is dropping because of the reduction in subsidies for ethanol production. As the demand increases, more and more swamps are drained, forests cleared, etc., for more cropland to feed the starving people in many Third-World countries, and now that has actually extended to the starving people in First, Second, Third, and Fourth World countries as well.

So, having said all that, here is MY "credo":

Practice birth control. This is the single root cause of the world's problems, and the lives you save may include your own.

R. Dean Stadem