TECHNET Archives

July 2014

From:
Peter Wong <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
TechNet E-Mail Forum <[log in to unmask]>, Peter Wong <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 8 Jul 2014 13:32:24 -0700
Hi Everyone,

We ran some assemblies where after selective soldering with SAC305, the phosphor bronze leads on a Harwin connector look to have been dissolved.  The solder pot temperature is set at 325 deg C and we dwelled on each pin for no more than 3 seconds.  We are using an OA flux.  Harwin tells me that the melting point of the pins is 954 deg C.

We are having the solder in our selective solder pot analyzed to see if there is anything out of spec that could be causing this.

Has anyone else experienced something similar or does anyone have an idea as to what could be causing this?

A photo is available at the following link.
http://ipc-technet.groupsite.com/galleries/show/27385

Thanks
Peter

The enclosed documents are proprietary items to Silicon Forest Electronics' (SFE) customers. They shall not be reproduced nor disclosed for any purpose except as specified in writing from an authorized agent of SFE. These documents may contain data restricted for export by the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) section of the Arms Export Control Act (or the Export Administration Act). Violators are subject to severe criminal penalties.