TECHNET Archives

July 2014

From:
Chris Mahanna <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
TechNet E-Mail Forum <[log in to unmask]>, Chris Mahanna <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 30 Jul 2014 17:06:17 +0000
Sulfur quickly corrodes Cu and Ag, neither of which are supposed to be exposed after final assembly.
Hence the reason for humid sulfur test.

Proven and survive are strong words for a humid sulfur test.

I doubt you'll find any conformal coat that slows it down much.

Jewelry and faucet guys have some secret sauce based on automotive E-coat, I think.  We've tested jewelry that can "Survive" for 96 hours.

Chris

Chris Mahanna
Robisan Lab