TECHNET Archives

July 2014

From:
Toby Carrier <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
TechNet E-Mail Forum <[log in to unmask]>, Toby Carrier <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 30 Jul 2014 11:06:19 -0500
Dear All,

Is there a IPC document that states a PTH component must be soldered from the bottom side? What if the component went through wave / selective solder and did not flow through the PTH properly to make the solder joint comply with IPC 610? Is it "illegal" to do a touch up from the top side, assuming both top and bottom sides are inspected? I know soldering from the top side is non-conventional, but I am curious what others think?

Thanks,

Toby