TECHNET Archives

July 2014

From:
Wayne Thayer <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
TechNet E-Mail Forum <[log in to unmask]>, Wayne Thayer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 25 Jul 2014 17:20:14 +0000
Hi Ofer-

I like the idea of configuration this way, going to a pad array and
configuring the interconnects there. I believe conductive inks for that
application would be a risk, since it is generally not done.

You might find it easy to design a simple 2 layer circuit which you could
place like a BGA on top of your pad array which did this configuring. Make the
pads non-symmetrical to reduce the chance of putting it down the wrong way.

Or buy a simple EPROM, or EEPROM and use that to hold the configuration. Very
small EEPROMs are available.

Wayne