TECHNET Archives

July 2014

From:
Wayne Thayer <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
TechNet E-Mail Forum <[log in to unmask]>, Wayne Thayer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 24 Jul 2014 13:44:28 +0000
What about overprinting the solder and placing them tight against each other?
Depending on pad size, you might even make it within standard Class 2 specs.
The trend over the years has been to deliberately reduce the size of solder
fillets because that actually increases reliability, so I'd think pad sharing
would be fine from that perspective.

Wayne