TECHNET Archives

July 2014

From:
Ron Feyereisen <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
TechNet E-Mail Forum <[log in to unmask]>, Ron Feyereisen <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 23 Jul 2014 19:20:05 +0000
Hi Technetters,

I'm looking for some sort of documented technique (if one exists) and advice on hand soldering stacked SMT components.
We're currently working on a production job that requires hand soldering a 0603 resistor on top of an already reflowed capacitor of the same size and we're experiencing some fallout with one side not being completely connected at the top of the stack with a full fillet. Inspection is having to inspect at 10x mag and it's slowing down throughput.

Any advice on improving our soldering techniques would be much appreciated!

Thanks,

Ron

Ron Feyereisen
Continuous Improvement Mgr., CIT