TECHNET Archives

July 2014

From:
Date:
Mon, 21 Jul 2014 12:11:14 -0400
Rainer,
QFN benefit from the leadframe molded into package - thermal
conductivity of the copper slug type of ground is more efficient for
heat transfer.  the glass format  would not have such a benefit,
even  it is  formed using thin film technology with wettable contact.
you better use the real - or dummy made similar to the real part -
use X-ray, 3D if you have to to study the paste spread.  cross
section to validate if you have metallurgical  joints  or not. Glass
chip is great for flip chip, but not for QFN (correct me if I am
wrong please). IMO.
        jk