TECHNET Archives

July 2014

From:
Brian Ellis <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
TechNet E-Mail Forum <[log in to unmask]>, Brian Ellis <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 21 Jul 2014 18:04:54 +0300
This is quite a common phenomenon and is due to the fact that your
cleaning process is too good. Most cleaning processes leave a monolayer
of organics over the solder joints, which give a certain amount of
protection against oxidation. If the cleaning is too good, then this
monolayer will not exist and, with the temperature of the last rinse,
you will get a fine layer of oxidation which can appear blue or yellow,
according to the conditions. It is nothing to worry about.
Brian