TECHNET Archives

July 2014

From:
Richard Krug <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
TechNet E-Mail Forum <[log in to unmask]>, Richard Krug <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 21 Jul 2014 14:29:11 +0000
We have recently discovered some CCA's with a distinctive, transparent blue color on the solder joints.  Viewed perpendicular to the solder joint surface, surface looks normal.  The solder surface appears blue when viewed at an angle.  I see no residues at up to 30x magnification.  Boards were wave soldered using Sn63Pb37 solder with ORH1 flux, then in-line water washed with a low concentration of a saponifier as one of our common assembly processes.

Any ideas of what the condition is or what caused it?

Dick Krug, CSSBB, CSMTPE
Lead Process Engineer
Sparton Brooksville, LLC
30167 Power Line Road