TECHNET Archives

July 2014

From:
David Hillman <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
TechNet E-Mail Forum <[log in to unmask]>, David Hillman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 21 Jul 2014 07:51:15 -0500
Hello Rainer - Two comments: (1) No, I have not seen any glass QFNs
available for testing in the industry; (2) The wetting behavior of solder
paste on glass will be different than solder paste a QFN component so use
caution on how you apply the test results if you can find a glass QFN.

The folks at Kyzen have been doing lots of cleaning studies with glass like
components but  I believe those test pieces were just glass squares. You
might try sending them an email with an inquiry if the " glass component"
they were using would be useful in your testing plan and where they
procured it. Good Luck.

Dave Hillman
Rockwell Collins