TECHNET Archives

July 2014

From:
Date:
Fri, 18 Jul 2014 08:16:39 -0400
silver and silver oxide are both conductive - no problem  for
tarnish.  however, i would a bit careful about the tarnish -
specifically containing S, Cl or others ionics.  just in case some
tree grow on them.  switches and relays are relatively high voltage
of 12V - a bit more tolerant to the type of contact - besides, those
are thicker silver, not immersion silver layer, if the ground
intended for 3V or below, you might have some issues - if the contact
on either side is rough.  my 2 cents.
          jk