TECHNET Archives

July 2014

From:
Bill Noel <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
TechNet E-Mail Forum <[log in to unmask]>, Bill Noel <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 17 Jul 2014 05:31:22 -0500
Are local fiducials (those specifically associated with a single fine-pitch device) necessary anymore?  I've been told by a rep from our Assy CM that they're not necessary anymore with the advent of high-tech pick and place machines.  We've actually been designing some boards with .4mm pitch BGA's  Does this fine of pitch still not require fiducials?  Thanks in advance for the response.