TECHNET Archives

July 2014

From:
Date:
Tue, 29 Jul 2014 13:08:24 -0400
SEM/EDX analysis of those spots?  if it is Sn - you got melt solder
balls (mis-screened panel after wash got residue left on the gold),
if you see Nickel, you got plating defect (the dark spot in the
middle might have a clue - bubbles due to residue oxide or something
like that).  pure guess.  you need FA. IMO.
      jk