TECHNET Archives

July 2014

From:
David Hillman <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
TechNet E-Mail Forum <[log in to unmask]>, David Hillman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 25 Jul 2014 07:02:11 -0500
Hi gang - the majority of the industry considers the Sn63Pb37, Sn60Pb40 and
Sn62Pb36Ag2 equivalent alloys so the substitution wouldn't be a big deal
reliability wise. However, the potential changes in your stencil process
could be a concern. Investigating solder paste volume changes is a much
less intrusive option to explore.

Dave Hillman
Rockwell Collins