TECHNET Archives

June 2014

From:
Karen Tellefsen <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
TechNet E-Mail Forum <[log in to unmask]>, Karen Tellefsen <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 9 Jun 2014 13:03:54 -0400
I would not clean tinned stranded wire with alcohol; this will just drive
the flux residue higher up the wire.  Do not, do not, do not use an
alkaline material even to clean the flux residue, alkaline solutions will
wick up the wires worse than anything.

Use a heavy rosin or resin based flux with very little activator. and
don't clean it.

Karen Tellefsen - Electrical Testing
Alpha / 109 Corporate Blvd./ S. Plainfield, NJ 07080
908-791-3069