TECHNET Archives

June 2014

From:
David Hillman <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
TechNet E-Mail Forum <[log in to unmask]>, David Hillman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 26 Jun 2014 15:27:44 -0500
Hi John - PTH hole is one of the topics that goes along with politics and
taxes! The IPC JSTD 001 has discussed/debated the topic for years. I
recommend you contact Jack Crawford at IPC to get a copy of the report
submitted to the committee for Class 2 PTH fill by HP. I know its not
exactly what you are looking for but it will be useful. I don't know of any
detailed published studies on Class 3 PTH fill - the 001 committee has
asked but minimal data has been submitted. I know of at least one study on
Class 3 PTH fill reliability that is in progress but it has another 8
months of thermal cycle conditioning to complete so its not going to be of
use right now. Good Luck.

Dave Hillman
Rockwell Collins