TECHNET Archives

June 2014

From:
Jack Olson <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
TechNet E-Mail Forum <[log in to unmask]>, Jack Olson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 23 Jun 2014 09:45:32 -0500
Thanks, Ahne,
but I am talking about a trace above other copper layers (z-axis
clearance), and I can't make the board more than 3.25 mm thick.

It seems like most people have the impression that the IPC Table 6-1 and
the online calculators that were developed for creepage ACROSS a dielectric
should be used to predict the space required THROUGH a dielectric.

I doesn't seem sensible, but with my lack of knowledge on the subject it
would be unwise for me to argue the point.

thanks,
Jack