TECHNET Archives

May 2014

From:
Nagaraj U <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
TechNet E-Mail Forum <[log in to unmask]>, Nagaraj U <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 30 May 2014 10:24:29 +0000
Hi,

I'm looking for a FR4 laminate material (Tg should be >170°C) which
has a minimum peel strength value of 1.2Kg/cm for a half oz thick
Cu foil.

There is specific requirement from one of our customer to have
peel strength test conducted for each lot. The design of peel strength coupons
comprises of lines of width 0.02cm, 0.035cm, 0.055cm and 0.30cm.
The minimum peel strength required value for 0.5oz Cu foil is 1.2Kg/cm
We notice that typically the peel strength is lower in 0.3cm width trace
compared to the line of smaller widths.

Please suggest any laminate that can meet the minimum peel strength
requirement of 1.2Kg/cm for a half oz thick Cu foil.

Thanks & Regards,
U.Nagaraj