TECHNET Archives

May 2014

From:
"Arbour, Michel" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
TechNet E-Mail Forum <[log in to unmask]>, Arbour, Michel
Date:
Mon, 5 May 2014 15:31:23 +0000
Hi ,
I may be out of scope but since this is new to your team I would advise you to also verify with your design team that they have followed the manufacturers recommended footprints of the BGA's (pad size) , look closely to the  via protection method  they implemented (IPC-4761). You may also check with them before starting the placement, the reworkability aspects (Keep-out zones, Back to back bottom termination components (BTC, BGA) as examples. ) .
Depending on the pitch and ball size, 0.8mm and below, the stencil technology will play an important role and you have several options you can choose. A good stencil aligned with the board technology is a good investment.

Rgs
Michel