TECHNET Archives

April 2014

From:
Kris Roberson <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
TechNet E-Mail Forum <[log in to unmask]>, Kris Roberson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 23 Apr 2014 14:03:33 +0000
Hi Amol,

The "Christmas Tree" is a fine option. Used properly the tree supports the part and lead-to-body interface.

If you have an operator that you trust (a person who is conscientious about his or her process), hand forming of the leads can be done successfully. The key is, when bending the lead, the operator must support the lead and the body of the part so that there is no pressure placed on the lead-to-body seal.

I find that when I place my finger under the body of the part, the lead, and the pliers at the point of contact with the lead, and then roll my finger up to bend the lead that everything is supported properly.

Mr. Kris Roberson
IPC- Association Connecting Electronics Industries(r)
Manager, Assembly Technology