TECHNET Archives

April 2014

From:
Richard Kraszewski <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
TechNet E-Mail Forum <[log in to unmask]>, Richard Kraszewski <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 15 Apr 2014 20:03:05 +0000
Steve - To the best of my recollection, Quadrol was added to OAWSF solder pastes  typically  to provide some heat stability and  body/rheology, and yet to remain reasonably water soluble. At least in Sn/Pb systems- not sure about PbF. Rather like a poly-alkylene glycol.

I seem to recall that the amine group provided some limited  solder activity also.

Hope this helps.

Rich Kraszewski
PLEXUS