TECHNET Archives

April 2014

From:
Theodore J Tontis <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 14 Apr 2014 21:01:50 +0000
Is there anyone currently using, or requesting their suppliers follow IPC/JEDEC9704? Our supplier quality group has recently mandated that we meet the standard for all our PCBA Production test systems and that our CM's provide data at ICT, sub and final assembly as well as PCBA singulation.

I am working with test engineering on getting quotes for developing something in-house to be used on all assemblies, at all of our suppliers. I still want to compare that with the cost of contracting the verification process out to a third party, if there is such a vendor.

I would also be interested to see how may PCBA suppliers provide this service to their customers or have customers who have made this mandatory for their assemblies.

Thank you,

Ted

Theodore J. Tontis CPIM, CID
Electronics Value Stream Manager