TECHNET Archives

April 2014

From:
Date:
Tue, 8 Apr 2014 19:58:40 +0000
Chances are you damaged the parts when performing the resistance welding, and I have never heard of re-welding leads.
But there are instructions for lap-soldering and wrap-soldering of solid jumper wires as a part modification shown in IPC 7711-7721. I would document this as an ECN modification, verify the reliability through some type of qualification testing, and include the customer both in your intentions and final results.