TECHNET Archives

April 2014

From:
"Rivera, Raye" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
TechNet E-Mail Forum <[log in to unmask]>, Rivera, Raye
Date:
Wed, 2 Apr 2014 11:27:11 -0700
We request the lab report, and the physical microsection for all PCBs purchased. We don't request photos and none of our suppliers provide them. We routinely send the microsections out to a third party lab for inspection. I don't have a metallograph here to do my own analysis.  We get quite a good deal from the lab because of the volume of work we send them.

I know of at least one PCB broker that sources out of a low-cost region and operates their own inspection lab there. They apparently do send a microsection photo and inspection report as part of their value add proposition.

Best regards,
Raye Rivera

QA Manager · Canoga Perkins