TECHNET Archives

April 2014

From:
Louis Hart <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
TechNet E-Mail Forum <[log in to unmask]>, Louis Hart <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 30 Apr 2014 18:25:18 +0000
Doug, 4.2 in IPC-6012 implicitly calls for IPC coupons by its reference to Table 4-3.  The fabricator would want to locate coupons to optimize yield from the panels, so you are correct in not providing coupons. IPC-2221 defines permitted locations.

Here at Compunetics, we keep all microsections for a minimum of 3 years, except in rare cases when a customer requires that they be sent with boards.  For those case, we note in our files and storage areas that the customer has the microsections.  If a customer wants only one microsection, we just make an extra mount in addition to the 6012 complement.  I have told people that these microsections are the documents, among others, containing evidence that the boards - the ones we ship, at least - met requirements.

Louis Hart