TECHNET Archives

March 2014

From:
"Gumpert, Ben" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
TechNet E-Mail Forum <[log in to unmask]>, Gumpert, Ben
Date:
Fri, 21 Mar 2014 15:33:18 +0000
Blair,

Assembly:
Some machines will read an 'x-out' mark on the panel and skip the board if the vendor includes this. I build a limited number of panels, so I've always handled them manually - I hold them to the end of the build and then adjust the settings on the machine for that panel. Not the best option for high-volume, but the panels I work with typically don't have the x-out mark.

Planning:
I've always gotten the right number of boards out of stock, so I haven't gone looking for a way to control this. I think our stock-keepers just know to look for this.

Quality:
Usually when I see an x-out, it's because of a visual defect, like physical damage or an inclusion in the solder mask, and not something that would put the other images on the panel into question. Quality of the board construction is still demonstrated by a panel coupon.

Ben