TECHNET Archives

March 2014

From:
Patrick Goodyear <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 28 Mar 2014 12:16:41 -0400
Dewey,

More detail would be needed, old product name....   Was it Mil-spec?
etc.    I am an old tech but don't remember seeing such an animal.   The
silver plate was most likely used because silver oxide is has a high
conductivity, I think right next to copper but not as soft and the pin,
may have been copper-beryllium, since that is a common usage for some
tooling and most likely silver plated directly on.   Check Keystone
Electronics to see if they have anything in their archives.   Silver
over brass and bronze were very common for Mil-Spec equipment.

Pat Goodyear
Semi-retired Control Technician