TECHNET Archives

March 2014

From:
Mike Fenner <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Thu, 27 Mar 2014 21:16:12 +0000
If this is a heating cable it implies a high current application.
That could make conductive epoxies problematical.
A crimped connector that can then be soldered might be a better alternative.
You could consider a high Bismuth alloy which will shrink on cooling,
possibly in a tube arrangement. That will give a good mechanical clamp/grip
and a gas tight bond. This type of arrangement is used for optical fibre
bonding/sealing and in some magnetic applications. (Where the magnetic
material is not solderable).
Depends on how "long term reliable" you need to be.

Mike