TECHNET Archives

March 2014

From:
Carl VanWormer <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
TechNet E-Mail Forum <[log in to unmask]>, Carl VanWormer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 28 Mar 2014 13:24:39 +0000
The heating cable runs about 1A, and is about 1.5 Ohms per foot.  It is used for heated clothing, so we are not getting into "high current" territory.  The largest garment is about 100 watts, and actual temperatures must be kept relatively low for safety reasons.

Unless somebody has a flux/solder combination that wets the Carbon fibers, I'll probably need some sort of compression connection.

Thanks,
Carl

Carl Van Wormer, P.E., AE7GD
Senior Hardware Engineer