DESIGNERCOUNCIL Archives

March 2014

DesignerCouncil@IPC.ORG

From:
David Baldwin <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
(Designers Council Forum)
Date:
Wed, 26 Mar 2014 16:09:34 -0700
It's the engineers and D-bug.  They want to see the ref des.  I put
them on the assembly drawing only layer when they will not fit and
provide a searchable PDF assembly drawing, but they still want them
on the board (and not over vias).  I do my best at 1.25mm height but
it's good to know that I can drop down to .1 if necessary.  Again,
it's not for anyone but the engineers and d-bug, everything I do
pretty much needs to be assembled on the line, no hand assembly will do.

Thanks,

Dave

Via Circuits Inc.

http://www.viacircuits.com