TECHNET Archives

February 2014

From:
Douglas Pauls <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 11 Feb 2014 14:00:49 -0600
You're welcome.

In thinking about this a little more, the only specification that I have
seen that touches on calcium is in IPC-5704, the bare board cleanliness
spec that is based on Delco's Q-7000 bare board specification.  In that
spec, they list that the combined sodium and potassium content has to be
less than  2 ug/cm2 for non-OSP boards and 4 ug/cm2 for OSP boards.  It
lists a maximum for total inorganic at 3.8 and 5.9 respectively for
non-OSP/OSP boards.  So if you had high calcium, you might go over the
total inorganic.  But I know that those values were based on Wittmers (et
al) work where the cations were treated as process indicators.

That brings up a question Rich, are these OSP boards that show the high
calcium?

Doug Pauls