TECHNET Archives

February 2014

From:
Paul Jackson <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
TechNet E-Mail Forum <[log in to unmask]>, Paul Jackson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 27 Feb 2014 14:30:25 -0800
Hi Steve,

Thanks for the response. The boards do have selective electroplated
copper pads for components like Zif connectors but PTHing the dielectric
and aluminum is quite a different challenge. We have worked on a number
of PTH options but no success as yet.

As for why we don't just use normal copper, the boards are currently
being used in cryogenic applications where they need a superconducting
monometal path through to the chip and in sensor applications where
radiation absorption needs to be reduced. And it's just fun making stuff
few can.

- Paul

--
Omni Circuit Boards Ltd.