TECHNET Archives

February 2014

From:
Paul Jackson <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
TechNet E-Mail Forum <[log in to unmask]>, Paul Jackson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 27 Feb 2014 11:30:34 -0800
Hi All,

I'm new here to Technet so I'll ask you to be gentle, at least at first.
We are manufacturing fine-line aluminum trace PCBs and our customers are
mainly wirebonding chips directly on the aluminum and attaching
components on selective copper pads. We are trying to find a more
elegant way to achieve through-hole connectivity than our current method
of filling vias with solder wick braid and aluminum solder paste. It
works but it's "fugly". The aluminum is 30µm and the dielectric is
typically 2.1mil. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Paul Jackson
Omni Circuit Boards
(855) 798 9717
*w*ww.omnicircuitboards.com